Everyone needs permission from Joseph Smith to enter Heaven
Nancy
2006-09-05 16:02:35 UTC
"There is no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith. If Joseph Smith
was verily a prophet, and if he told the truth...no man can reject that
testimony without incurring the most dreadful consequences, for he
cannot enter the kingdom of God"
.
-=A0=A0=A0 Prophet Joseph Fielding Smith,
Doctrines of Salvation,
v. 1, p. 190

"No man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial
kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith...every man and woman
must have the certificate of Joseph Smith, junior, as a passport to
their entrance into the mansion where God and Christ are"
.
-=A0=A0=A0 Prophet Brigham Young,
Journal of Discourses
, v. 7, p. 289

"For hundreds of years the world was wrapped in a veil of spiritual
darkness, until there was not one fundamental truth belonging to the
place of salvation ...Joseph Smith declared that in the year 1820 the
Lord revealed to him that all the 'Christian' churches were in error,
teaching for commandments the doctrines of men."
.
-=A0=A0=A0 Prophet Joseph Fielding Smith,
Doctrines of Salvation
, v. 3, p. 282

"He that confesseth not that Jesus has come in the flesh and sent Joseph
Smith with the fullness of the Gospel to this generation, is not of God,
but is anti-christ"
.
-=A0=A0=A0 Prophet Brigham Young,
Journal of Discourses
, v. 9, p. 312

"If we get our salvation, we shall have to pass by Joseph Smith; if we
enter our glory, it will be through the authority he has received. We
cannot get around him [Joseph Smith]"
.
-=A0=A0=A0 Apostle George Q. Cannon,
Melchizedek Priesthood Study Guide
, 1988, p. 142

"I tell you, Joseph holds the keys, and none of us can get into the
celestial kingdom without passing by him. We have not got rid of him,
but he stands there as the sentinel, holding the keys of the kingdom of
God.. But I tell you, the pinch will be with those that have mingled
with us, stood next to us, weighed our spirits, tried us, and proven us:
there will be a pinch, in my view, to get past them. The others,
perhaps, will say, If brother Joseph is satisfied with you, you may
pass. If it is all right with him, it is all right with me.

Then if Joseph shall say to a man, or if brother Brigham say to a man, I
forgive you your sins, 'Whosoever sins ye remit they are remitted unto
them;' if you who have suffered and felt the weight of
transgression=97if you have generosity enough to forgive the sinner, I
will forgive him: you cannot have more generosity than I have. I have
given you power to forgive sins, and when the Lord gives a gift, he does
not take it back again."
.
-=A0=A0=A0 Apostle Orson Hyde,
Journal of Discourses
, v. 6, p. 154

We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet, Since We Won't Now Need Thee Anymore
Woody Brison
2006-09-05 19:10:12 UTC
You claim you believe in the Bible. In the days of the
Apostles, Peter was given the keys - no one could enter
the kingdom without his approval. Christians are fine
with that idea, as long as Peter does not really exercise
any of that authority at present - then there would be
some real protests. Since the church failed and
disappeared from the earth shortly after Peter died, no
one has thought about who's got the job since. Well,
God has now restored his church to the earth, and there
are again Apostles on the earth. So it's no surprise
that they have the same keys.

Even in many popular jokes, Peter stands at the Pearly
Gates and grants permission to enter, etc. But in his
day, the popular take on it had Abraham in that position.
See Luke 16:19-31. It would seem that in each age, the
new Prophet gets that authority, to approve or disapprove
of candidates for the kingdom.

Wood
<snip>
James Hajicek
2006-09-07 15:31:52 UTC
Nancy
2006-09-09 20:53:19 UTC
Hi James
I certainly agree that I don't need any post biblical 'prophets,
including JS to enter Heaven (there is only ONE and I know what Paul
said)

I need Jesus and Jesus alone, who said:

"I am THE way, THE truth, THE Life, Noone comes to the Father but by ME"

Not by any denomination or church, as a follower of Jesus I belong to
THE Church of Jesus Christ.

Concerning babtism. Jesus certainly told us to be babtised, which is an
outward statement of my salvation, the symbolic death, burial and
resurrection with Christ.

The thief on the cross entered paradise with Jesus the moment he stated
his belief in Him, sans babtism, God knew his heart and belief. Jesus
Himself got babtised, though he never sinned.

Thus it is possible to enter heaven sans babtism if I couldn't, but
since the Lord asked us to do it, we should and I have gotten babtised
in the Jordan River, just like Jesus, which, as you can imagine, was
especially gratifying.

Well anyway, James, I agree, I don't need any mormon prophets or books
to be with Jesus.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that
whoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord!